Re: [Fsfe-uk] BCS on Open Source

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] BCS on Open Source
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 11:06:17 +0100 (BST)

Michael Dorrington wrote:
> Can open source be secure?
> http://www.bcs.org/server.php?show=conWebDoc.36428
>
> And have a read of the comments on it.

Oh I'm still boggling at parts of the article like "The most widely
used argument for not using open source is the additional layer of
security through obscurity a closed source application provides."

Has BCS jumped the shark?  What happened/is happening about the
members' rebellion that I read about some weeks ago?

Once again, luke leighton (lkcl?) says what needs to be said,
fisking the article as it deserves.  The full version of his
article, including swearing, is at http://advogato.org/article/1044.html

If you want to comment on bcs.org, I think you have to allow cookies,
which contradicts their privacy policy
http://www.bcs.org/server.php?show=conWebDoc.1481
that says they're only required for logins.

Bad Computer Society!
--
MJ Ray (slef) Webmaster and developer for hire at | software