Re: [Fsfe-uk] BCS on Open Source

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] BCS on Open Source
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 12:18:15 +0200

I don't think that the article deserved the response that it got.

More importantly I don't think that this kind of reaction does Free Software
in the UK any favours. The first comment is totally inappropriate in style, and
there are not really any balancing comments to counteract this.

From reading those comments many people would think that Free Software
advocates are extremists. That isn't helpful.

Also this really wont encourage the BCS to publish other documents, and if
they cant publish articles that are critical of Free Software, then their
journalism serves little purpose and is unlikely to attract a much wider
audience than it already has.

Sam.