fsfwww-translators-es-discuss

[FSF] Welcome! and instructions

From: Zak Rogoff
Subject: [FSF] Welcome! and instructions
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 16:47:35 -0500

Hello, translators

Thank you very much for offering to translate the FSF's monthly
newsletter, the Free Software Supporter, into Spanish. Your work will
make it much easier for Spanish speakers to become involved in the free
software movement.

I'm Zak Rogoff, a campaigns manager at the FSF who is also responsible
for the Supporter.

The next issue of the Supporter will be sent out on Friday, November
30th, so we need to have the whole thing translated by then. As entries
in the Supporter are written in English (by me) and approved (by our
director, John), I will send them to this list for you to translate.

Please read the text below and any replies that have been sent so far.
If there is anything that has not been translated by the time you reach
this email, pick some or all of it, translate it, and send your
translation to the list (not just to me) as a reply. It's ok if you only
translate part of the text, and I understand enough Spanish to know
which part you have translated.

Everyone on the list will receive everyone else's translations. Please
check others' translations that you receive and reply to the list with
any corrections you have. This is an important way to contribute if
others have already translated everything by the time you get to your email.

After the entire Spanish version of the Supporter is compiled, one
translator will do a final review. This month that person is the FSF's
sysadmin Nico, but in future months it will be someone else.

You should receive an email shortly with the first text to be translated.

--
Zak Rogoff
Campaigns Manager, Free Software Foundation