g-wrap-dev

Re: 1.9.6 has problems with glib :(

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: 1.9.6 has problems with glib :(
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 15:27:45 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 07:44 -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
>   During the build it complained about the missing glib.h file.
>
> Do you mean that you had glib2 installed instead of glib 1?

Random thoughts without checking the source: I think the situation is
like this to support wrapping GList for glib1 applications like (old)
gnucash. Guile-gnome adds glist and gslist wrappers for GLib 2.
Applications wanting to wrap APIs with GList and GLib 2 should use
guile-gnome-glib, which is a part of guile-gnome-platform (but that can
be built separately).

I think the original check is correct. Changing it to GLib 2 probably
worked for you because the GList/GSList API is the same across both
versions. The proper thing would be to be able to build g-wrap without
the glib wrappers, not to make it link to GLib 2: that is the job of
guile-gnome-glib.

Regards,
--
Andy Wingo