g-wrap-dev

Re: building g-wrap with guile installed in a nonstandard prefix

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: building g-wrap with guile installed in a nonstandard prefix
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:30:04 +0200

Hi,

"gregory benison" <address@hidden> writes:

> Everything builds fine except 'make check' fails-- the g-wrap libraries are
> linked against libguile from guile-1.8, but the tests invoke the guile
> interpreter as simply 'guile', which finds the guile-1.6 interpreter in
> /usr/bin, which then segfaults when it tries to use the g-wrap libraries.  It
> is possible to replace all calls to plain 'guile' in the g-wrap source tree
> with calls to the autoconf variable @GUILE@, which points to the correct
> interpreter wherever it is installed (and under whatever name).
> I have made a patch regarding this issue in my branch of g-wrap, located at:

I have a hopefully more robust solution in my branch (namely in patch-7
and patch-8).  Basically, it heavily relies on Autoconf substitution to
produce an accurate `guile-test-env' script, and it uses Libtool's
`execute' mode rather than playing tricks with `$LDTL_LIBRARY_PATH'.

You may want to give it a try and report back.

Thanks!
Ludovic.