g-wrap-dev

Re: G-Wrap 1.9.8 released

From: Thomas Klausner
Subject: Re: G-Wrap 1.9.8 released
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 17:13:28 +0200

Hi Andreas!

On Sun, May 20, 2007 at 02:00:20PM +0200, Andreas Rottmann wrote:
> This is are warnings from automake-1.10, earlier versions had these
> checks disabled. autogen.sh now passed -Wno-portability to automake to
> prevent the warnings.

Well, I'd prefer the solution where these are fixed so it works better
with BSD make, of course :)

> There is a 1.9.9 release candidate at
> http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e9926584/tmp/g-wrap-1.9.9-RC1.tar.gz;
> everybody please give it a try to see if the issues you reported are
> indeed resolved.

The libffi part you merged looks ok. Are you in contact with the
authors? If so, could you please feed it upstream?

The installation path for the ffi headers changed from include/ to
lib/gcc/x86_64--netbsd/include. This doesn't really worry me, I just
thought I'd mention it.

But then, gnucash's configure doesn't like the version number:

checking for g-wrap - version >= 1.3.3... ERROR: Unbound variable: 1-RC1
no
configure: WARNING: guile check failed
configure: error:

  g-wrap does not appear to be installed correctly, or is not new
  enough.  GnuCash requires at least version 1.3.3 to build,
  and 1.9.6 to build cleanly with GCC4.  If you need to install g-wrap,
  you can find it at http://www.nongnu.org/g-wrap/ .

Cheers,
 Thomas