gap-dev-discuss

Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Cynthiune on OpenBSD

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Cynthiune on OpenBSD
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 10:15:33 +0200

Hi,

Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:

On Monday, April 30, 2012 15:40 CEST, Riccardo Mottola<address@hidden>  wrote:

I think I made the Sndio Output Bundle a bit better working. Could you give it
a try again.
Yout should have sndiod running, or wait, it should actually not matter, since
it will
then fallback to take /dev/audio directly.
I did not find any commits... perhaps I already got the latest version...

For me now, Sndio Output Bundle mostly works. I can start playing, stop
restart. Also jumping
to the next song works.
There is only one problem left I think, and I also guess what the problem is,
but I don't know really,
how to fix it. The problem is, when I have MP3s or other files, with different
bitRate, then its unable
to change the bit rate, when it automatically skips to the next song, without
stopping playing.
I can play one song, with 44100Hz, stop it, click another song with i.e.
16000Hz, and it will
successfully play the song. When doing that, Cynthiune is actually stopping the
play thread,
and then later restarting it. When it automatically jumps from one song to
another, with different
bit rates, then it doesn't stop the play thread.

To reproduce it, I have a bunch of "normal" MP3s, and this FLAC file in my
playlist:
http://code.google.com/p/cs-4244-mkl/source/browse/trunk/project-4/GSTT/mike-test.flac?r=202
I committed the the stuff so far to CVS, including all my debug output...

Do I can wait in one thread, until another one is stopped, before going on?
I need to do that in prepareDeviceWithChannels: andRate:
I guess there must be something like this in objective-c, but I don't know
(yet) what?

Riccardo, do you maybe have a cluestick for me?

You might do inter-thread communication? Yoiu can look at DO for that, FTP.app is an example!

Riccardo