gap-dev-discuss

Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Cynthiune - endianness

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Cynthiune - endianness
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 19:11:31 +0200

Hi,

On 05/13/12 17:37, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
  Hi,

with Philippes patch, and my patch on top of Timidity, and Timidity changed to
NativeEndian, I can play:

mp3, ogg, midi, asf, wav and flac files on i386 and macppc, using Sndio and AO
output backends. ESound and OSS backends still have some promblems with
some file types, they do not yet take the endianness into account.
I was slow applying Philippe's patch (and you applied it somehow twice? I commited it and saw yours... anyway I fixed it). I canged all little Endian to NativeEndian, which is a better default for an untested library, since only the MP3 library is so dumb to return LE on a BE machine apparently.

Esound and ARTS need to be adjusted by endianness now.

Riccardo