gap-dev-discuss

Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Cynthiune : make adding multiple songs to the play

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Cynthiune : make adding multiple songs to the playlist faster
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 18:24:53 +0200

Hi,

sorry, you were investigating an unrelated crash! I reread your email.

Philippe Roussel wrote:
Hi Riccardo,

Le 19/05/2012 10:38, Riccardo Mottola a écrit :
Hi,

at a first glance, I think you end up skipping duplicate song check.
Furthermore I don't see why the actual code fails. i did  not commit it.
Sorry but maybe you should have read and tested the patch :

  - duplicate songs are found correctly
  - I never said the current code fails
  - the ChangeLog entry explains all this

When adding multiple songs the current code calls [Playlist -addSong:],
which in turn calls [Playlist -postNotificationWithSongAsFirst:], for
each song. This is really ineffective.

[Playlist -addSongsInArray:] seems to have be written exactly to solve
this : it checks each file before adding it to the playlist and then
call [Playlist -postNotificationWithSongAsFirst:] one time when done.

Otherwise you can remove [Playlist -addSongsInArray:] altogether.

Yes, I checked your patch further and read the methods, it should work and I tested it and it works. I'll commit it. Let's keep it under observation...

Riccard