gap-dev-discuss

Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] ready packages, release candidates

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] ready packages, release candidates
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 10:05:34 +0200

On Friday, June 1, 2012 09:44 CEST, Riccardo Mottola <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> > Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
> >> LDFLAGS="-lz" CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/X11R6/include" ./configure \
> >>     --with-freetype2-add-includes=/usr/X11R6/include \
> >>     --with-freetype2-includes=/usr/X11R6/include/freetype2
> > Hmm..
> > I added a small openbsd exception, to pass CXXFLAGS. It compiles for
> > me now without any tricks.
> How is it for you guys? I can now build PDFKit on  more platforms than
> before, I hope I improved the various cflags/ldflags settings. For
> openBSD I added an exception to pass the freetyp2 options inside the
> CXXFLAGS or compilation would fail.
> I correctly pass the -Wno-string-write to avoid warnings, previously it
> was set but unused due to errors.
>
> I previoulsy was unable to build on OpenBSD and FreeBSD9

Compiles for me now too on OpenBSD, without the need of environment variables
and patches.
Still need to test running it.

> The problem now, however, is that when building the PDF viewer bundle of
> GWorkspace I get linker problems, symbols are not found, thus the
> inspector does not get build. I fear that it oculd be cause not using
> g++ anymore while linking, how is it for you? Of course you need to
> clean and run reconfigure for gworkspace and check the config.log of
> "Inspector".
> If that is the case, I am clueless.

I need to compile gworkspace the following way:

LDFLAGS=-L/usr/X11R6//lib ./configure --enable-gwmetadata
ADDITIONAL_LIB_DIRS="-L../../DBKit/obj/
-L../../../FSNode/FSNode.framework/Versions/Current/ -L../../../DBKit/obj/"
gmake LDFLAGS="-L/usr/X11R6/lib -lfreetype"

The LDFLAGS thingies are needed for the PDFKit Inspector.
The ADDITIONAL_LIB_DIRS are needed, because some modules have the wrong include
paths.
When another version of GWorkspace is installed then it will pick up and link
against those libs,
but when there is no GWorkspace installed yet, then compilation will fail.
I can send a patch later Today for the ADDITIONAL_LIB_DIRS.

cheers,
Sebastian