gap-dev-discuss

[Gap-dev-discuss] FYI: CDPlayer with libcdio

From: Andreas Schik
Subject: [Gap-dev-discuss] FYI: CDPlayer with libcdio
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 15:02:37 +0200

Hi all,
I have managed in the last days to make CDPlayer work with libcdio and
friends, at least in a rudimentary manner.
Currently I encounter different problems:
- interrupted data streams, i.e. the player stops playing after a couple
of minutes
- the display being not in sync with the actual playing
- most probably others I have not come across, yet

Why do I port this here? Mainly for two reasons:

1. I am using the Cnthiune output module system. This way I do not have
to duplicate this code. CDPlayer simply loads the *.output modules from
Cynthiune's bundle folder and uses them.

2. For the time being, I at least will not try to integrate that into
Cynthiune. Mainly, because I have no time, but I am also lacking a good
idea of how to integrate that into Cynthiune's GUI.
I also need CDPlayer's services (for Burn and an auto-mounting/-playing
helper I have written). So, replacing CDPlayer by Cynthiune would be too
much effort for me.

If someone wants to have a look, you find it on SF.net (project gsburn)
in the CVS.
As noted, it is still a way from being ready for release, but may serve
as proof of concept.

Thanks for your attention.

--
Grüße / Cheers