gap-dev-discuss

[Gap-dev-discuss] Zipper and 7zip

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: [Gap-dev-discuss] Zipper and 7zip
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 20:49:39 +0200

Hi,

does extracting 7zip archives work for you? Today I tried the first time.

I use p7zip and use the excutable "7z".

All files show in the Zipper window correctly.

I have a (fairly big, so i can't share it with you) archive which has two directories full of files. If I extract it using "Extract" I get "Skipped" for most files and then I end up with only one directory containing only one file....

if I use "7z X filename.7z" I get everything perfect, so the archive is fine.

Perhaps there is an engine problem I already fixed for tar when extracting files which passed the archives name wrong? But before I want to know how you guys fare.

Riccardo