gap-dev-discuss

Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] potential contrib

From: Ray Haleblian
Subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] potential contrib
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 23:38:52 +0000

Great. I'm using GNUstep on Raspberry Pi, which works well and is fast and small. I was after a more NEXTSTEP-like feel in Terminal and saw that a black-on-white mode had been added. Visibility of coloured text was not so good IMO.

I made a change which describes the dark and light colours as palettes, which allowed factoring out math ops that were recomputing the same constants unnecessarily. Also fixed border pad so it is light in the light mode.

I also added a monochrome mode, since with palettes it's low cost. I'm doing something wrong in prefs such that the option is not immediate in the session, only on restart. Likely some noob error.

I see now that the global colour definitions in TerminalView.h are a problem since a user pref change affects all terminals instead of just the future ones.

If i understand this code well enough, this stuff isn't a huge performance hit, in fact i hope it's faster.

Provided i fix that, if useful i could send a patch or however you guys do things. Is the source in a public repo? I believe i'm working from a tarball...