gchempaint-main

[Gchempaint-main] file import/export

From: Francesco Pietra
Subject: [Gchempaint-main] file import/export
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 09:42:29 -0800 (PST)

Using debian i386 etch kernel 2.6.18-3, no nvidia
drivers, though OpenGL active/GNOME 2.14.3 (amd64 etch
only for computations, without X), I was checking
whether I can abandon wine for running chemical
drawing packages, shifting to a linux native one. My
need is merely of presentation to editors and file
exchange with coworkers. No interest in simulation of
spectra or things like that that simply do not work.

I do that check every a few months; this time I was so
much favorably impressed by features of gchempaint
0.6.6. However, I was unable to find any way of
exchanging/submitting files with people who use
chemdraw on Windows. Also, I was unable to transfer
graphics from gchempaint to OpenOffice and other
common applications.

I did not try the latest release, 0-6.8, just because
it is not available as a deb package. Are
file-exchange problems approached there? Perhaps I
have also missed established tricks to exchange files.

Thanks for answering
francesco pietra