gcjwebplugin-devel

Re: [Gcjwebplugin-devel] a few notes

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: [Gcjwebplugin-devel] a few notes
Date: 18 May 2005 10:41:11 -0600

Tom> Third, the code in StandaloneAppletViewer.java that adds '.class'
Tom> to the argument is it does not see a suffix is buggy.

I still have this patch in my tree...

Perhaps a more real patch would be to change argument parsing so that
we only add the '.class' after creating URLs.  Then we could do it
for only file: URLs.

Tom> In particular, if you try my test case you will see weird
Tom> results; commenting out this bit of code makes it work:
Tom>   ./gcjappletviewer  http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1069669

The bug here turned out to be on the web server; I worked around it in
libgcj by letting our http protocol handler accept plain \n as a line
terminator in the headers (be liberal in what you accept ...)

There are still a few odd problems with this applet, but they all seem
to be AWT related.  I filed a few PRs on the topic.

Tom