gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Python plugins

From: Micha
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Python plugins
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 05:27:53 +0100

On my PC, debian testing, thus said autogen.sh (the ./configure
--enable-maintainer-mode piece):
"checking for headers required to compile python extensions... found"

On my debian unstable laptop, it says "not found!" and disabled python plugins.

The PC installation had python2.4-dev, the unstable not.
I took the chance to suck debian experimental and installed python2.5-dev (and
python2.5) instead.
However, gnome-commander insisted on python2.4 dev... dunno.
(python2.4 was already installed, but why is it default ?)
Anyway. I installed python2.4-dev and olez happy now.

I think this is a continuing nuisance and we should really look for a solution.