gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] media libraries

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] media libraries
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 01:01:24 +0200

 :) ok i have now

  Exif support   : yes
  IPTC support   : yes
  ID3 support    : yes
  Vorbis support : yes
  APE support    : yes
  FLAC support   : yes
  OLE2 support   : yes
  ODF support    : yes
  PDF support    : yes

'taglib' is 'libtag' in Debian (which makes sense).

Just a sidenote:

Now and then, something disappears while i do some upgrades, and autogen.sh
barfs about stuff like
"testing glib-gettextize... not found.".

This time i could the heck not find glib-gettext. I knew the related package is
called completely differently by Debain, i just forgot how it's called...

I had gettext, gettext-base and liblocale-gettext. Other available packages
with similar name are  libgettextpo-dev, libgettextpo0, libtextttols-dev but
that's apparently not helpful.

Then by using 'ldd' i found that i've also no libgnome2-dev, and after i
installed that, glib-gettext was satisfied.

Here's my checdep script once again which can help identifying missing libs in
a Debian based system. It spits out a list of possible candidats.

#!/bin/sh
#
# Version: 2006-12-10 'fanatic scissor'
#
# checkdep [<path-to-application-bin>]
#
# Looks up shared library dependencies of a binary with ldd
# and compare them to installed packages.
# 'One letter libs' like libc, libm, libz are NOT considered.
# Output: FOUND ldd lib name -> search term -> installed package
# Status indicators: NO MATCHing package | NO DEVelopement version
# The script should be sourced ('. checdep') to work correctly.
#
# CONFIG
#
PACKAGEDIR=/usr/share/doc # where to search for installed lib names
program_bin=/usr/local/bin/gnome-commander # the binary to examine
[ -n "$1" ] && program_bin=$1
log=/tmp/log.checdep; echo "" > $log
#
# MAIN
#
echo -n "Processing: "; ls -1 $program_bin || return
echo "Please wait."

ldd $program_bin | awk '{print $1}' | grep '^lib' | grep -v 'lib.\.so\.' \
 | ( while read lib_so; do

 # lib names are cut off one version number and transformed lowercase:
    lib=`echo $lib_so | sed 's/\.so\..*//g' | sed 's/\-[0-9]\+//g' | tr
'[:upper:]' '[:lower:]'`
    packagenames=`find $PACKAGEDIR/$lib* -maxdepth 0 -printf '%f ' 2>/dev/null`

    if [ -z "$packagenames" ]; then echo "NO MATCH: $lib_so"

    else

        for package in $packagenames; do
            echo -e "FOUND: $lib_so\t -> $lib\t-> $package"
        done
        # Check if there's any developement library
        echo "$packagenames" | grep -q '\-dev ' || echo "NO DEV: $lib_so"

    fi

 done ) | sort > $log

less $log

return