gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] ALt+Enter File Properties

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] ALt+Enter File Properties
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 18:58:58 +0200

Dnia 2009-10-07, śro o godzinie 01:37 +0200, Michael pisze:
> great!
>
> I must admit that i didn't think there's so much stuff between 'Free size'
> and 'Size'. It really looks rather weird this way.
> I am ashamed but i feel urged to propose to put the 'Size' between 'Volume'
> and Free space' in this case....sry !

I'm not happy with this either, but the alternatives do not seem to be
better:

- to put it between 'MIME type' and 'Modified'

or

- between 'Modified' and metadata section (the one with 'Size')

I don't want to mix file attributes with volume ones (eg. "to put the
'Size' between 'Volume' and Free space'") to keep some order in the data
layout...

> I did some tests.
>
> It says 'Volume:  Video ((nul),(nul))'.

Fixed, rev. 75e5a9081b9d90aef7f70e4e1ce6a4577c2c32fe

> The artefact seems to happen everytime i open a 'Volume' via Device-Button.
> When i enter the volume by following the absolute path then it's not there.

> The new labels are missing when i examine a top level folder (like /home or
> /etc).

This is caused by the current gcmd design - when walking using absolute paths
you
are always on 'Home' connection, but when using dev button - in fact you switch
to another volume (connection).
I can't change it at the moment.

Piotr