gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] root mode terminal

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] root mode terminal
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 23:19:16 +0100

Piotr Eljasiak,

> Dnia 2011-01-03, pon o godzinie 21:53 +0100, Michael pisze:
> > >   gksu roxterm -e
> >
> > That's triggering exactly that error. The terminal options have to be
> > 'escaped' by including them into brackets like "" or '', and -e also needs
> > an argument.
> >
> > What you could do, for example, is
> >
> > gksu "roxterm -e sh"
> >

> What about:
>
>       gksu roxterm

works

loses color & fonts settings, but is a login shell
(that means, it sources my /root/.profile - which includes .alias and .bashrc;
meaning it has my configured root prompt and aliases andf whatever else.)

> or
>       gksu roxterm -e /bin/sh

nope

gksu "roxterm -e /bin/sh" works but is no login shell

(has default login prompt and no aliases etc)

I recommend to chose the login shell, because the only users who ever would
have configured anything else than gnome-terminal are linux freaks, and a freak
certainly has a freaky root prompt and greeting and alias commands ... and uses
gcmd instead of i-forgot-the-name :)