gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] find (F9)

From: Michael
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] find (F9)
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 23:51:09 +0200

> I'm not sure if I grok you right - you'd like to be able to F5/F6
> directly from search result list, wouldn't you ?

yes !

> If so, it is not possible now, as F5/F6 needs opposite pane for
> operations

but ...  there IS opposite pane (the not-where-the-search-was-done-one) and F5
anyway regularly opens a input box where one can type in another target folder

> The solution maybe to move the search result from
> search dlg - as discussed here

yes that would be fine :) hmm, that tab must be clearly marked as
not-normal-folder somehow ... maybe by red color ...

> As for now the only solution for copy/move files from search results is
> to use drag'n'drop (after fixing the regressions)...

But d&d is generally broken since long, no ? At least for me.