gdb-discuss

Re: [Gdbheads] proposed change to GDB maintainership rules

From: Jim Blandy
Subject: Re: [Gdbheads] proposed change to GDB maintainership rules
Date: 06 Feb 2004 17:16:53 -0500

Ian Lance Taylor <address@hidden> writes:

> Jim Blandy <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Andrew is very poor at explaining himself.  Your experiences trying to
> > talk with him in this discussion are pretty typical.
>
> I wouldn't say that I've found Andrew to be poor at explaining himself
> in this discussion.  He has not chosen to answer every question I've
> asked.  He has tended to be discursive and to argue by implication
> rather than statement.  But these are not the same as failing to
> explain himself.  He is also not the only person to have skipped
> answering some questions.
>
> By saying this I'm not trying to either defend or attack Andrew or
> you.  I just don't want to silently assent to a statement about my
> experiences with which I do not entirely agree.

That's fine.

I've read it over again, and my message accurately presents my own
frustration with trying to work with Andrew.  By itself, it's not too
significant; one unhappy person is not much to worry about.  If it
reflects widely held feelings, then that would be interesting.  If
people generally feel less strongly about it, or disagree, then that's
relevant, too.