gdb-discuss

Re: [Gdbheads] proposed change to GDB maintainership rules

From: Andrew Cagney
Subject: Re: [Gdbheads] proposed change to GDB maintainership rules
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 12:58:52 -0500

Elena Zannoni <address@hidden> writes:

[tirade deleted]

and why oh why didn't you contact the steering committee instead of
organizing your cabal?

At the time, the steering committee looked pretty stillborn, and as it
hadn't been active in years, it wasn't clear what sort of authority it
really had.  We were going to float the proposal directly on gdb@, and
put the issue in the hands of the people who worked on GDB day to day.

Jim, this is simply not true.

As a GDB steering committee member, you should know this so please don't present it as otherwize. RMS raised issues with the GDB steering committee, vis:

- (C) Problems in documentation

- mi
Which involved signifcant discussion and you yourself even refered this to the committee!
- correct use of "GNU/Linux"

- Insight's copyright

As GDB's adminstrator, I've been resolving each in turn.

Andrew

(The last is still on going, and I again remind people that until Red Hat signs relevant paper work)