gdb

[Gdb] GDB as fast as possible. How?

From: Adenilso Simao
Subject: [Gdb] GDB as fast as possible. How?
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 08:55:06 -0300 (ART)

Hi, Everyone

        Just now I am using gdb for "non-usual" propose. I
would like to be able to replace some lines (one at a
time) of codes in a program and compare the results.
I got that but one thing that do account to my
research is the overall performance, that is, I have
to run the same program several times, with different
changes each time, as fast as I can.
        I would like to know whether I can do something to
speed up the gdb. Is there some special flag or
configuration?

        Since now, I would like to thank your attention and I
wait for your help.

        Regards,

        Adenilso

PS.: I have gotten the program changes I wished with
the following commands:
-------------
break linenumber
commands