gdb

Re: [Gdb] gcc and gdb help?

From: Paul Gray
Subject: Re: [Gdb] gcc and gdb help?
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 12:27:56 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 27 May 2003, Ron Lancaster wrote:

> My university has SPARC/Solaris 8 using gcc 2.95.3 and gdb 4.18.  The
> debugger works fine in this configuration, but the language recognized by the
> compiler has numerous problems.
>
> We've tried to upgrade to gcc 3+ and that fixes the language problems that
> have been causing us problems.  But, when we upgrade, various gdb problems
> develop.  For example, gcc-3.2.3 and gdb-5.0 are OK except for one big
> problem:  the debugger shows all function names in mangled form (e.g.
> _ZN7Scanner9nextTokenEv) instead of the format that the user knows (e.g.
> Scanner::nextToken).
>
> Can anyone suggest a combination of gcc 3+ and a version of gdb that works
> well together on SPARC/Solaris 8?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I second the request...I'm still getting gdb core dumps with gcc 3.2
binaries.

Paul Gray                                         -o)
323 Wright Hall                                   /\\
University of Northern Iowa                      _\_V
  Message void if penguin violated ...  Don't mess with the penguin
  No one ever says "Hey, I can't read that ASCII e-mail ya sent me."