gdb

[Gdb] PowerPC GDB memory mapping

From: Devaughn, Hans
Subject: [Gdb] PowerPC GDB memory mapping
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 09:49:24 -0800

I a trying to simulate a PowerPC embedded target image in gdb. The code executes fine until it tries to access memory outside of the normal sections (.text, .data, .data, .etc). If it tries to access a memory location valid, un"load"ed memory location (i.e. I/O, Flash, etc.) it get a Program Section Fault. Does anyone have any ideas on for the gdb commands to map this memory?

Thanks in advance.

Hans