gdb

Re: execution of inactive statement in gdb run

From: jhh
Subject: Re: execution of inactive statement in gdb run
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:24:55 -0400

You have to decide on some circumstance that will make you stop at a particular line. For example, instead of "if(0)" something like "if (i == 50) ". gdb also lets you put a condition on a break. For example, break main.c:35 gives you a breakpoint number one at that line. Now give the command "condition 1 i == 50" and it will only stop there when the condition is satisfied. I usually find putting the condition directly in the code, as in "if(i == 50 && j < 5 && b < 0) { \ printf("I am here\n"); }" to be easier if the condition has to be very complicated, as looking for one wrong number somewhere in a loop with a million passes.