geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Entering Racket submodules

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Entering Racket submodules
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 22:43:41 +0200

On Sun, Jun 09 2013, Diogo F. S. Ramos wrote:

[...]

> I was thinking about how C-c C-a should operate too.
>
> Maybe with point inside a submodule, C-c C-a should enter this
> submodule, instead of the file module.

I think that's the correct behaviour, and it is the one i'm
implementing.

> But I don't know if this might end up being too surprising for a user
> or if even if one uses submodules, normally you want to enter the
> file, so you have to constantly move the point off any submodule.

I think whoever decides to use submodules can cope with the possible
confusion :) and if she is using submodules, she'll want to enter them
if need be.

But maybe i think that because that's how i'd use it :)

The other bit that's related is what to do when loading the top module
with C-c C-k... to me it is very unintuitive that some submodules don't
get loaded, specially on an interactive hacking session.  I'm sure we
want a way of telling geiser "please, load all this module's submodules"
in a single keystroke...

I was thinking of the following solution: C-c C-k (or C-c C-a for that
matter) at the top level means "load all submodules too, including the
top level", while C-c C-k while the cursor is on a submodule means "load
only this submodule (and its dependencies, as usual)".

Would you find that too confusing?

Cheers,
jao
--
We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found
ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.