getfem-users

Re: [Getfem-users] Problem importing gmsh mesh into getfem++

From: julien pommier
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Problem importing gmsh mesh into getfem++
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 10:15:51 +0200

Ron Daisy wrote:
Hello experts,

I generated 3D mesh using gmsh, and imported it into my getfem++ program, using
the command,

getfem::import_mesh("box.msh","gmsh",mesh);

I've go the following error when running the program:

Error in getfem_mesh_im.cc, line 64 void
getfem::mesh_im::set_integration_method(bgeot::size_type,
getfem::pintegration_method):
Incompatibility between integration method IM_TETRAHEDRON(6) and mesh element
GT_PK(2,1)

What is the reason that getfem++ takes 2D mesh type from the imported mesh - I
generated it as 3D mesh in gmsh.

Does any one have a working example of importing 3D gmsh mesh ?
Hi Ron,
If I recall correctly, the problem is that the gmsh files contains both the volumic mesh and the surface mesh of your object. Hence getfem has loaded all of them. If think there is an option in gmsh to save only the volumic mesh. Or you can also remove the 2D convexes from the getfem mesh:

for (dal::bv_visitor_c cv(m.convex_index()); !cv.finished(); ++cv) {
 if (m.trans_of_convex(cv)->dim() < 3) {
    m.sup_convex(cv);
 }
}