getfem-users

[Getfem-users] memory leakage somewhere in getfem::mesh_im_level_set

From: Andriy Andreykiv
Subject: [Getfem-users] memory leakage somewhere in getfem::mesh_im_level_set
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 13:26:08 +0200

Dear Yves and Jullien,

        I have a problem with memory leakage in my Getfem based program.
I'm running a nonlinear calculation with iterative procudere. During the
execution of the program (which actually poroduces accurate results) the
memory of the program steadiliy increases from around 50MB till it exhausts
the resourses of my computer (3GB).
        First I suspected that

getfem::pfem ifem=getfem::new_interpolated_fem(mf_electric,mim_line);

looses the memory somehow, but I do properly finish the iteration with

getfem::del_interpolated_fem(ifem);

so that's was not the reason. After a carefull debugging I noticed that
execution of the line:
getfem::asm_stiffness_matrix_for_homogeneous_laplacian(Kff, mim_ls,
mf_electric)  (where  mim_ls  is a local "mesh_im_level_set" object) takes up
a lot of memory  and this memory is not realased when local variable mim_ls
looses scope (after the complition of the iteration). To be more clear,
mim_ls is a local variable in the iteration loop, used to integrate a problem
with updated level set.

Is there chance that the object getfem::mesh_im_level_set does not release all
the allocated memory after its distruction?

Thank you very much in advance,
                                                        Andriy
Andriy Andreykiv (PhD, MSc)
Delft University of Technology