getfem-users

[Getfem-users] non linear elasticity

From: jean-yves heddebaut
Subject: [Getfem-users] non linear elasticity
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 18:39:20 +0200

Dear getfem users,

I would like to reuse the non linear elasticity brick to make a brick representing the behavior of non linear membranes. The idea is to apply the Cosserat hypothesis, which gives a simplified Green-Lagrange strain tensor.

The dimension of the vgrad term in the asm_nonlinear_elasticity_tangent_matrix function would be (:,2,3) iso (:,3,3) in the 3 dim brick, and I think I could reuse the function without modification. The elasticity_nonlinear_term, on the contrary, has to be adapted, but I do not see how to do it. Could anybody help me understand the logic behind the compute function ?

here is how I understand it, please tell me where I am wrong (I am considering the Saint venant kirchoff hyperelastic law)

1.gradU is the gradient of the displacements, based on the preceding iteration displacements

2.E is the Green-Lagrange strain tensor, also based on the preceding iteration displacements

3.gradU becomes gadU+I ( deformation gradient iso displacement gradient ?)

4.tt is a tensor containing the rigidity coefficients

Could somebody tell me what is done in the "version==0" loops ?

I would greatly appreciate any help

jean-yves heddebaut