getfem-users

[Getfem-users] GMM++ and Visual Studio 2005

From: Fem Dev
Subject: [Getfem-users] GMM++ and Visual Studio 2005
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 11:02:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone,

I am sorry to bother you about GMM++ on the GetFEM++ mailing list, but I didn't
find out where to get support for it.
I would like to use GMM++ because in my opinion it has a very nice structure
and it seems to be simpler to use than other free libs I've found on the
internet.
The good documentation is another reason for me to use it. Unfortunately I'm
not very familiar with linux/C++ and installing third patry libs.
So, I wanted to ask if it is possible to use GMM++ with Visual Studio 2005
under Windows XP. I tried to include the gmm.h header file, but VS returns this
error:
"fatal error C1189: #error :  Add the option /D_SCL_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE to the
compilation command". That's most likely, because I didn't run the config file,
which is obviously a linux shell script and I am a windows user. Is there a
tutorial or something like that, which explains how to install und use GMM++
with MSVS 2005 ?

Sorry for those improper questions and thanks in advance.

Regards.

Be a better friend, newshound, and