getfem-users

[Getfem-users] Fwd: Re: GMM++ and Visual Studio 2005

From: Yves Renard
Subject: [Getfem-users] Fwd: Re: GMM++ and Visual Studio 2005
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 08:24:18 +0200

On Monday 12 May 2008 20:02, you wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am sorry to bother you about GMM++ on the GetFEM++ mailing list, but I
> didn't find out where to get support for it. I would like to use GMM++
> because in my opinion it has a very nice structure and it seems to be
> simpler to use than other free libs I've found on the internet. The good
> documentation is another reason for me to use it. Unfortunately I'm not
> very familiar with linux/C++ and installing third patry libs. So, I wanted
> to ask if it is possible to use GMM++ with Visual Studio 2005 under Windows
> XP. I tried to include the gmm.h header file, but VS returns this error:
> "fatal error C1189: #error :  Add the option /D_SCL_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE to
> the compilation command". That's most likely, because I didn't run the
> config file, which is obviously a linux shell script and I am a windows
> user. Is there a tutorial or something like that, which explains how to
> install und use GMM++ with MSVS 2005 ?
>
> Sorry for those improper questions and thanks in advance.
>

> Regards.

Normally, you don't need to run the config file to use gmm++.
The problem with VC + + is that Microsoft  invented new rules for C++ which
 are not part of standard and are in  contradiction with the standard. The
only way is  actually asking VC++ to disable these  new  restrictives rules.

Best,

Yves.

--

  Yves Renard (address@hidden)       tel : (33) 04.72.43.87.08
  Pole de Mathematiques, INSA de Lyon          fax : (33) 04.72.43.85.29

---------