getfem-users

Re: [Getfem-users] Installation of python interface on mac os 10.5

From: Julien Pommier
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Installation of python interface on mac os 10.5
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 18:07:33 +0200

Quoting Sébastien Janas <address@hidden>:

> Hi Julien,
>
> How can I run the gcc command without the -arch ppc ? I just do

Unfortunately I could not find a way to prevent the stupid setup.py script of
python's distutils from trying to build a universal binary, so the solution is
to compile the python module "by hand" : go in the getfem++ directory, and run
these commands:

make
(the build fails on the python error)
cd interface/src/python
GCC -shared ././getfem_python.o -L../../../src/.libs -L../.libs -lgetfemint
-lstdc++ -lm -lgetfem -o ./_getfem.so
(the module should now build since I removed the -arch xxxx options)
make
(the build should complete)