getfem-users

[Getfem-users] bug in von mises stress calculation?

From: Andriy Andreykiv - 3ME
Subject: [Getfem-users] bug in von mises stress calculation?
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 11:03:03 +0200

Dear Yves and Getfem users,

Want to report a bug. I was using von mises calculation in getfem::mdbrick_nonlinear_elasticity<>.
It was giving a wrong value even though all the other results of the calculation were consistent with the benchmark.
So I checked the code and found that in 3.0.1 version of getfem (the version which documentation is on the website)
the final _expression_ for the value is

VM[i] = sqrt(3.0/2)*gmm::mat_euclidean_norm(sigma); (which is correct, I believe)

while in 3.1 version the multiplier sqrt(3.0/2) is absent.

Best regards,
                 Andriy