getfem-users

Re: [Getfem-users] Global face index

From: Renard Yves
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Global face index
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2010 21:18:20 +0200

Dear Torquil,

What is your goal ? Only to number the faces (in that case, you can make a loop on all faces and add it to the mesh and retain the number) or something more complex ?

Yves.

Torquil Macdonald Sørensen <address@hidden> a écrit :

Hi!

I'm trying to use the getfem++ data structures, but for something other than to
solve PDEs with getfem.

My current program uses getfem to generate a 3d tetrahedron mesh. In addition I have created a FEM_NEDELEC(3) FEM method on this mesh since my DOFs (degrees of
freedom) are situated on the edges.

I see that convexes and and vertices of the mesh are accessible through global
indices.

Since the DOFs of the FEM_NEDELEC(3) method are located on the edges of each
tetrahedron, these are also accessible through a global index.

But, can I also have the set of faces accessible through a global index? I want
to calculate a sum over all faces.

Best regards
Torquil Sørensen