getfem-users

Re: [Getfem-users] Global face index

From: Torquil Macdonald Sørensen
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Global face index
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 17:47:50 +0200

Hi again!

I think I have managed to get what I wanted.

First, I made a tetrahedron "helpMesh" that spans a 3d domain.

Then I made an empty "mymesh" and copoied only the points from helpMesh.

Then I looped through the convexes and faces of helpMesh, for each face adding a 2d triangle as a convex in mymesh. By using the add_convex function I don't get more than one of each face.

So "mymesh" spans a 3d domain, but its convexes are 2d triangles. The global convex index on this mesh provides what I wanted.

I will also get a global index for the edges by using the NEDELEC(2) FEM on this mesh, so I pretty much have what I want now. The base_point for each DOF will allow me to find the orientation of each edge, which I will also need.

Torquil