getfem-users

Re: [Getfem-users] vector product identity

From: Renard Yves
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] vector product identity
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 21:57:41 +0200

I can, nevertheless, propose the following proof

for v = (Ma) x (Mb) and M invertible one has
v_i = det(Ma; Mb; ei) = det(M) det(a,b,M^(-1)e_i)
    = det(M) (a x b).(M^(-1)e_i)
    = det(M) ei^T M^(-T) . (a x b)
which can be rewritten

v = det(M) M^(-T) (a x b)

Yves.

Roman Putanowicz <address@hidden> a écrit :

Dear All,
Please take my sincere apologies for the Polish post. I've must be to tired
and instead to our internal mailing list I have posted it to getfem :).
I have made in past all sorts of mistakes but this is the first one of this
kind.

Regards,

Roman
Dear Roman,

I just want to draw your attention that you're posting in Polish on getfem
mail list.
(Although as an Ukrainian I understand some stuff, but not good enough :)
 ).

Best regards,
                           Andriy