getfem-users

[Getfem-users] Mesh import problem.

From: Dawid Midura
Subject: [Getfem-users] Mesh import problem.
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 12:53:24 -0400

Hello all,

I'm new to getfem library, and first off I wanted to thank you for developing it. I have downloaded the source for GetFem++, compiled it and installed according to the instruction provided with the package. I'm attempting to load one of the test meshes disc_2D_degree3.mesh in the following simple program load_mesh_test.cc:

#include <getfem/getfem_import.h>
#include <getfem/getfem_mesh.h>

int main(void) {
  getfem::mesh m;
  m.read_from_file("disc_2D_degree3.mesh");
}

which I compile with: gcc load_mesh_test.cc -lgetfem, without any errors.

I do get a segmentation fault when running this program. I have also tried importing gmsh meshes, but also encountered the same problem (using import_mesh of course). When I run make check in the test directory of the getfem package all tests pass except the "Derivative test" in nonlinear_elastostatics, but I doubt this has anything to do with the problem I'm having. Am I compiling my program with the right options? I could not find an example of compiling and linking of a application developed with getfem++. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Dawid M.