getfem-users

Re: [Getfem-users] Mesh import problem.

From: Yves Renard
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] Mesh import problem.
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 18:10:09 +0200

Dear Dawid,

I don't have any problem with your program. it compiles and runs without
error. Did you copy the mesh file in your directory ?

On mercredi 14 septembre 2011, Dawid Midura wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm new to getfem library, and first off I wanted to thank you for
> developing it. I have downloaded the source for GetFem++, compiled it and
> installed according to the instruction provided with the package. I'm
> attempting to load one of the test meshes disc_2D_degree3.mesh in the
> following simple program load_mesh_test.cc:
>
> #include <getfem/getfem_import.h>
> #include <getfem/getfem_mesh.h>
>
> int main(void) {
>   getfem::mesh m;
>   m.read_from_file("disc_2D_degree3.mesh");
> }
>
> which I compile with: gcc load_mesh_test.cc -lgetfem, without any errors.
>
> I do get a segmentation fault when running this program. I have also tried
> importing gmsh meshes, but also encountered the same problem (using
> import_mesh of course). When I run make check in the test directory of the
> getfem package all tests pass except the "Derivative test" in
> nonlinear_elastostatics, but I doubt this has anything to do with the
> problem I'm having. Am I compiling my program with the right options? I
> could not find an example of compiling and linking of a application
> developed with getfem++. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

No specifric options are necessary. If you have a doubpt, you can copy the
options which appear at the compilation of the library.

Yves.

--

  Yves Renard (address@hidden)       tel : (33) 04.72.43.87.08
  Pole de Mathematiques, INSA-Lyon             fax : (33) 04.72.43.85.29

---------