getfem-users

[Getfem-users] `Coupling Equations

From: Pichler, Franz
Subject: [Getfem-users] `Coupling Equations
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 18:25:15 +0200

Hello everybody,
I just get started with getfem and have some questions. What I want to do is to
couple several equations. A minimal example of that would be something like:

Div(a1 \grad u) + Div(b1 \grad v) =g1
Div(a2 \grad u) + Div(b2 \grad v) =g2

That with some Dirichlet condition on the interval [0,1]

Now I managed to do something like this buy taking the non model framework and
assemble some matrices with the asm elliptic tools and put these matrices
together by "hand".
What I am wondering now is

1) Is there a brick that I can tell that in my equation there are two variables
with a laplacian (elliptic) term?
2) If I would try to write this brick myself, would I have to do it in c++ (I
am using the python interface)
3) Is there a way of assembling this without the model framework and without
putting the matrices together "by hand"

I would like to do all of this as time efficient as possible because in the end
I want to solve time dependent problems with nonlinear terms.

Thank you very much in advance ,
Franz Pichler