getfem-users

[Getfem-users] Dirichlet condition on curved boundary

From: Roman Putanowicz
Subject: [Getfem-users] Dirichlet condition on curved boundary
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 01:44:48 +0200

Dear All,

So far I have had no problems with straight boundaries and Dirichlet
conditions. However now I have a curved boundary and I would like
to prescribe displacement  in the direction normal to the boundary.

In the old brick system there is a calass:
  getfem::mdbrick_normal_component_Dirichlet
which seems to be designed exactly for the above task.

I do not see however a similar class in the new brick system.

There is a function add_generalized_Dirichlet_condition to set
a condition of a form H*u=r but using it for my task would
require to precompute the matrix field of boundary normals.

There is a function
asm_normal_component_dirichlet_constraints
but using it gets me out of the getfem::model framework -- I mean
I cannot use bricks and have to deal explicitly with he tangent matrix,
rhs vector and solving the system of equation.

Is the above picture correct or am I missing something?
What would be the best approach in such situation ?

Regards,

Roman
--
Roman Putanowicz, PhD  < address@hidden  >
Institute for Computational Civil Engng (L-5)