getfem-users

Re: [Getfem-users] `Coupling Equations

From: Yves Renard
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] `Coupling Equations
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 13:50:01 +0200

Dear Franz,

if I understand well, you compute some matrices such as
\int grad(u).grad(v)dx to perform the coupling.

There is no brick for the moment wich implement this. To build such a brick is
a rather easy task, but if you don't want to do it you can use the "explicit
matrix" brick which allows in particular to add a coupling term between two
variables.

Without the model framework, it may be possible to build an iterative scheme
allowing not to solve the whole linear system on the two variables, but at the
time, I don't have an idea what should be this iterative scheme.

Yves.