getfem-users

[Getfem-users] Export to Gmsh

From: Torquil Macdonald Sørensen
Subject: [Getfem-users] Export to Gmsh
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 11:20:53 +0100

Hi!

Looking through the Gmsh 2.6.1 documentation, I see that the Gmsh POS file format, which Getfem can export, is considered to be a "legacy format", and that the preferred format is MSH ASCII and MSH BINARY.

Am I right in believing that Getfem can import a Gmsh MSH file containing a mesh, but it cannot export a Gmsh MSH containing mesh+solution?

Is Gmsh MSH file export (ASCII and/or BINARY) something that is planned for a future Getfem version?

Thanks,
Torquil Sørensen