getfem-users

Re: [Getfem-users] crack tip and orientation

From: Yves Renard
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] crack tip and orientation
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 15:42:22 +0100

Dear Wen,

The global_function_on_level_set represents indeed a function defiened a priori on the whole mesh and on local coordinates (x,y) defined by the two level sets representing a crack. In particular, this suppose that the two level-sets define correct coordinates i.e. being close to signed distances.

And concerning the function get_crack_tip_and_orientation in getfem_crack_sif.h, indeed should find the intersection of the two level-sets (may be indicating a candidate zone), but it has not been implemented

Yves.