ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] GNU Hackers Meeting - offer to host next meeting in Go

From: Brian Gough
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] GNU Hackers Meeting - offer to host next meeting in Gothenburg, Sweden
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 19:05:01 +0000

At Thu, 30 Oct 2008 15:08:28 +0100,
Henrik Sandklef wrote:
>  This is an offer (and request) to host next year's GNU Hackers Meeting.
>
>  We've just closed this year's FSCONS[1] and are in preparations for
> next year. One of the first things we wanted to do was to offer to host
> the GNU meeting at IT University in Gothenburg, Sweden. The GNU Meeting
> could take place before, during or after FSCONS.
>
>  We can provide (at no cost for you):
>    rooms (big, small, medium)
>    projectors
>    printers
>    fax
>    laptops (limited amount)
>    wireless access to internet
>
> and a great conference while you're here   ;)

Wow that is a really nice offer!

Will you hold the FSCONS conference around the same time next year?
If so, that gives us plenty of time to organise the meeting.

I have some suggestions from the meeting in Bristol, but they are more
detailed and can wait till nearer the time.

If the venue is free of charge, and we can arrange sponsorship like
last year, we'll be able to help more people with travel costs and
accommodation.

--
Brian Gough