ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] GHM at IRILL, Paris (France), 23-26 August 2011

From: Brian Gough
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] GHM at IRILL, Paris (France), 23-26 August 2011
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 11:41:59 +0000

At Wed, 02 Feb 2011 18:29:42 +0100,
Ludovic Courtès wrote:

> Hello GNU!
>
> IRILL [0] would be happy to host a GHM in its offices in Paris [1].  The
> proposed dates are from the 23rd to the 26th of August, 2011.  If you
> know of any collision with other free software events, please let us know.

Great news.  I think this should be announced at FOSDEM as the
official European GHM location for this year.

Re conflicts, the LWN calendar is a good source of info, probably you
already checked it: http://lwn.net/Calendar/Monthly/2011-08/

It doesn't show any big conflict (the only other conference at the
same time is EuroSciPy, also in Paris, and not a big one).

> IRILL has a conference room for 20-25 people, which is quite small given
> the attendance to previous GHMs, but we may be able to have a 50-person
> conference room at INRIA, two floors above.

I think it's good to ask people to register in advance, as in previous
years, to get an early warning of numbers.  If the two rooms are
available that would be good up to 75 people, which is more than
enough I'd say.

> I’ll set up a web page and everything, presumably with the help of
> Brian.  :-)

There's an emacs lisp file and Makefile in the previous year's
directory with some functions to create the page from an org mode
file.  It's a bit untidy though.

cvs -d:ext:cvs.savannah.gnu.org:/web/ghm co ghm

--
Brian Gough