ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] GHM in Brazil

From: Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] GHM in Brazil
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 13:18:18 -0300

On 07-06-2011 21:31, Jose E. Marchesi wrote:
> If I recall properly someone is trying to organize the first GHM in
> south america in Brazil.  Who is that person?  I just met a person from
> the Brazilian government who would be very happy helping with this.

I'm not sure if I've already replied but I am this person.

I've just been informed that the joint GNU+linux-libre community event
proposed to FISL has been approved. I'm not sure if that qualifies as a
GHM but if nobody opposes to it I'll put a notice on the GHM website.

Unfortunately, free software events in Brazil seem not to be good on
advanced deadlines and schedules are always tight.

Maybe the way to go is running an independent GHM in a more accessible
city like Rio or São Paulo, which don't have expressive free software
events.

Would you please put me in contact with that person?
--
Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva

http://garoa.net.br
http://polignu.org