ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] GHM 2017 update

From: Alex Sassmannshausen
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] GHM 2017 update
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 10:36:15 +0100

Hello,

Ricardo Wurmus writes:

> John Darrington <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Currently, so far as I'm aware, nobody is organising the programme, or other
>> tasks such as the audio/video recording of talks.  As I made clear last year,
>> my role in organising GHM 2017 will be limited to providing the venue
>> and accommodation - in other words you'll be coming to watch an empty seminar
>> room!  So if somebody would like to take responsibility for putting out a
>> call for papers, and organising the programme that would be great.
>> Alternatively,
>> if somebody has already started doing this, then please give a heads up.
>
> I wish I could help with the organisation, but I’m swamped with work at
> least until summer, so I cannot volunteer with good conscience.
>
> Would anyone else be willing to take charge of a call for papers and
> to evaluate and arrange talks?

Sorry — I must have missed you're original email in this thread John!

I would like to put myself forward for organising the call for papers
and program.  My intention would be to start putting resources together
now, and to really put energy into this after FOSDEM is over.  I would
aim to get a first call for papers out no later than 2 weeks after
FOSDEM.

Would people be happy for me to do this?

Best wishes,

Alex