giftweb-discuss

Re: [Giftweb-discuss] CVS updated

From: Matthew T. Jachimstal
Subject: Re: [Giftweb-discuss] CVS updated
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 01:09:21 -0600

Just some notes that I've thought of while perusing your changes:

siteadmin.php:
        Yes, make them links instead of a form (that was ugly). But, keep
        everything in one file. All siteadmin functions should be done in
        siteadmin.php. Don't make a separate file for each task.

        So, fold in manageevents.php, manageusers.php.
        Probably grpedit.php, too.

newgrp.php:
        I _still_ don't like the idea of any user being able to automatically
        create a group. After the mess I just went through on my live site[1],
        I'm convinced that some oversight is necessary.

        [1] A user joined _all_ my groups and started marking items purchased.
            marked _all_ of my (personal) items! I had no idea who this person
                was; I suspect it was someone trying out the system. It just
                solidified the idea that you can't let just any user run wild
                on the system.

I'm taking the changes from smallest diff to largest diff to an
individual file. Of course, some of them have to be taken together which
makes the process that much harder. I have to comprehend all the changes
(sometimes as a whole) in order to be able to see what they're doing. :)

Later,
Matthew

--
Random thought #120 (Collect all 137)