[glob2-devel] Re: Question about screenshots from Globulation 2

From: Gabriel Walt
Subject: [glob2-devel] Re: Question about screenshots from Globulation 2
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 01:23:26 +0200

Hello!

> I'm collecting Linux game news to Polish computer games (paper) magazine
> CDA, and I'd like to know can I use screenshots from Globulation 2
> webpage to illustrate info about this project?

There's no problem for using any material from the web page, because it's all
under the GNU FDL, wich allows anyone to use, modify and distribute the
licensed stuff if you put it again under the GNU FDL. To be precise, the web
site sais:

"Copyright © 2003 by the contributing authors. Permission is granted to copy,
distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free
Documentation License."

The authors of the screeshot and of the game graphics will also receive this
email through the cc to the glob2 mailing. If they wish to add any comment,
they will send them to you by email. But everything should be ok like that
exept if you would like some more exclusive rights, such as no mention of the
GNU FDL. In that case you should ask again if the contributing authors agree.

I hope that I made myself clear, and feel free to ask if there's anything we
can do for you.

Gabriel